Monday, September 24, 2012

33% and Under 10

Week 2 of my Peak313 Challenge and Week 3 of the challenge B and I have are over. I have worked my jiggly bits off, counted and stayed within my calorie range EVERY day and revamped the way I live.  Even though I have the day off since my kids are out of school and tried desperately to sleep in, I was way too excited to weigh in this week.  After last week's 'stayed the same' weigh in, I went to the scale with anticipation.......I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!!!

Three pounds may not seem a lot to some people, but let me put it into perspective.  It was Week 3 of the challenge B and I levied on ourselves to get back to our goal weights. The first week of that challenge I lost 1 pound, thus making my total weight loss so far 4 pounds in 3 weeks. Since I have, I mean HAD 12 pounds to lose that means I am 33% of my goal.  That also means I have under 10 pounds to lose, which to me just feels more attainable in my stressful crazy busy life. 

As I said last week, I am not defined by the number on the scale, although it is a nice quantifiable measure.  My success this week can be measured in so many other ways, much more important ways.  The Soul Food Verse from my Peak 313 Challenge last week was Matthew 6:34 which reminds me to give my worries to God, to not worry so much about tomorrow and take it one day at a time.  Too much worry caused stress and overwhelming feelings which often led to slacking on my workouts and eating poorly in the past. I truly meditated on that verse this week and felt a lot of worry lifted. To me that is a great measurement of the changes in my life spurred by these challenges! 

Although I was not spending a lot of time worrying, I did do a lot of planning this week.  I planned to exercise, even on the busiest of days when only 30 minutes were possible.  I ended up exercising every day.  I can remember on Friday I was exhausted from a stressful week of work and was ready to go home and crash.  I made myself drive  to the park after work and family obligations for a run. I was out running errands anyway and I knew if I went back home I would crash.  I had planned to workout that day and it was going to happen one way or another.  I also planned my meals and snacks this week.  By packing my lunch and snacks I steered clear of the vending machines and crapeteria at work.  That was a big feat for me because the higher the stress in the office (ultimately high last week) the more likely I am to eat something high in calories.  I also wrote my Daily 10 List and planned specific time with God each day, invaluable planning efforts that just made the week seem achievable even in my lowest moments. 

For the Peak313 Challenge this week we are challenged to overcome our cravings, 1 John 2:16.   Cravings often come from something else lacking in our lives.  Hmmmm, it's about to get deep on my challenge.  That's okay, I'm ready for it, 33% more ready.  :-)

Have a great day friends and fellow Challengers-keep rocking it out.   


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your success so far! I am also loving the Peak 313 challenge. Many blessings to you this week.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and perspective! I decided to put the scale away until the end of the challenge, for me it can be derailing....so I'm just trying to focus on making better choices and the fit of my clothes!
    As for meals and snacks, that's a huge one for me, too! If I don't have a plan, I crumble under stress. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the comments! Absolutely agree, not just about the scale. However, I am a huge black and white thinker, probably has something to do with my occupation in financial contracts, so I have to have something to measure. Although I can measure many successes: better habits, loose clothes, energy levels, time with God, etc., it's just my nature to need a number to bounce success off of. In the past when I have lost track of that number, everything goes down hill. This week scares me, I get bad cravings and I know discussing them will uncover some stuff....hopefully I don't get stressed and off track, praying for strength. HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK!!!

    ReplyDelete