Friday, September 21, 2012

My Daily 10

I am a big fan of Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project and cannot wait to read her new book Happier at Home. I first picked up The Happiness Project at the airport on a business trip. I thought this book will not teach me anything because I have always believed my happiness is up to my relationships with God, myself and others. I still consider this true, but The Happiness Project book, website and blog all offer little reminders of how we can just make life easier and thus happier.

One of the musings that I ran across again today on Rubin's website is If I Can’t Accomplish Anything Else Today, I Can Do These 10 Things. I recalled when I first came across her list and realized I was going to start one of my own, which I never did.  I think since it's Friday and it's nice outside, I might as well make it a banner day and start My Daily 10 List.  Rubin had a few on her list that made mine. It was fun to see what I really think is a priority each day, what will give me some more happiness. 


If I Can't Accomplish Anything Else Today, I Can (WILL) Do These 10 Things: 

  • Thank God for another day-I have started doing this recently before I even get out of bed.  It allows me some quiet time for prayer and thankfulness.
  • Make my bed-I love, love, love how much more relaxed I am when I come home from work to a made bed.  My room seems much more inviting.
  • Tell my family I love them-Try to do this every day even with my son Bubby at his dad's part of the week,thank God we still get our daily calls.
  • Wear my seat belt-Typically my habit, but once in awhile I forget. Reminds me that I am not only being safe for myself, but for my kids as well-they need their mama.
  • Tell my coworkers good morning-Yes, even the ones I am not incredibly fond of.
  • Tidy the house before going to bed-It just makes the morning smoother and nothing piles up and becomes overwhelming.
  • Give my dogs love pats and pets-They are my furkids and need love too! 
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes-It just improves my mood, not to mention my body.  Win/Win.
  • Read one chapter-I am an avid reader, it helps me unwind and keeps my mind from going on murmur. 
  • Place tomorrow's essentials (to do list, lunch box, phone, keys, etc.)    where I can grab them-Nothing like a little grab and go when you are in a hurry.
Putting this up on the fridge, little reminders and pick me ups are always a good thing.  TGIF.  

6 comments:

  1. I love the mini goals!!

    I'm on week 2 of the Peak313 as well and didn't lose a single ounce last week. Boo!

    I'm looking forward to Happier at Home as well...I've got four kids and could always use a little help. :)

    Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and best of luck to you as well. My biggest challenge is staying 'good' during the weekends!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your Peak313 post and then came here when I saw your Daily 10. I am reading The Happiness Project right now and am loving it. I turn 40 next week and am really focused on revamping my life for the next 40 years. I just wanted to encourage you and remind you to keep at it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stacie! You as well. My Daily 10 has really made me smile a lot lately. Little things with big impact are pretty awesome in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stacie! You as well. My Daily 10 has really made me smile a lot lately. Little things with big impact are pretty awesome in my books!

    ReplyDelete