Monday, September 10, 2012

Challenge Accepted



Finding myself strayed 12 pounds away from my weight loss goal I reached last summer, this challenge could not have come at a better time!  B and I have also challenged one another to get back to our goal weights by November 1st so I figure this challenge can only add to my success. 

The Bible verse for this week is: Ecclesiastes 4:12 And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him-a threefold cord is not quickly broken.  One of my favorites as during my years as a single mom I often thought of my two children and I as a threefold cord. 

The challenge this week is: find someone else to join this challenge.  I am a little discouraged by this challenge because I recently sent out some emails to several ladies that I have expressed a need to want to lead a healthier lifestyle.  No takers, but I am praying that God will lead me to someone that will not only join this challenge, but benefit from it as well.  We can't do this alone, friends!  Anyone who wants to join (you don't have to be a blogger) can and I promise to support you.

My personal goals for this week are:
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, prefereably more, 7 days this week: I used to do this easily when I first started my weight loss journey, now it is more difficult. I loved getting up way early and starting my day with workouts at the gym, but lately those are more difficult and I hate working out after work. Today this is already a challenge since I am accustom to my early morning workouts at the gym and this weekend I misplaced my access card.  Hoping to get it back after work to get back on track. In the meantime I will just add a little variety with some outdoor cardio and stability ball exercises. I look forward to a wide range of exercising since I tend to get ADD on the treadmill.

  • Be accountable for what I eat: I have myfitness pal app that allows me to count the calories, but I actually find myself ignoring it lately or even (sadly) LYING to it.  I know, I know-it only works if I put in the right information and own up to what I am eating.  This week I resolve to be accountable every day, even if it is ugly. 

  • Stay focused and remember it is more than weight loss: A few years ago I finally figured out that my spiritual and physical well being are closely tied.  I must remember when I falter or struggle, that prayer will get me through. 
So excited  for this week and challenge!  I pray that many more will join and benefit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment