Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Little Fighter


If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times-I love it when things just seem to come together!  This morning I received Bonnie’s email from Pfit where she referenced her husband Steve’s blog which had a great message. I have been feeling a little sluggish in many areas of my life and it seems like my oomph, my ‘fight’ is just not what it used to be. The Pfit message really turned the light on in my head, thank you God  for leading me to it:

If you aren’t willing to fight for what you want, you deserve what you get. 

This message is simple, profound, timely and useful in many areas of my life at the moment.  I feel that I have been in the fight for what seems like most of my life and there are days I want to give up.  I have to remember that God gave me a fighting Irish spirit for a reason-because He knew I would need it and he knew I would USE it. 

I work in a male-dominated occupation where I often sit at a negotiation table with people who have been working longer than I have been alive and some who like to underestimate me.  Some of my cohorts call me the Little Fighter because when I know my position is correct, I don't back down. Since I am in the fight so much at work, it is hard to do so in my personal life. I must stay in the fight for better health, to set a foundation for my upcoming marriage, in order to gain a more comfortable financial position, to ensure success for myself and my family in all areas of life, etc.….my fight list is long.  If I opt to not fight for those things which are most important, than I truly do deserve what I get. 

The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.  Proverbs 13:4 (NIV)  

Even when I grow weary I have to remember that keeping a fighting spirit will bring me satisfaction and accomplishment.   I pray God gives me the strength to stay diligently in the fight for all that is necessary and important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment