Monday, October 8, 2012

I'm Moving


After Week 4 of the Peak313 Challenge and Week 5 of my challenge with B, it looks like I managed to lose a pound last week, bringing my loss to 5 pounds.  I still can’t get over how good I feel, despite what the scale may say and I need to remember I am almost half way to my 12 pound weight loss goal.

The Soul Food for last week was Proverbs 4:23, which reminds us how our hearts should be guarded.  I had a great week meditating on the verse and contemplating guarding my heart, but not closing it.  Letting good things in while keeping bad things out is metaphorical: think fatty high cholesterol foods/nasty mean spirited people or physical exercise/spiritual exercise.  I like the thought of my heart being the center of it ALL-my spiritual, emotional and physical well beings all depend on my heart. 

The Soul Food for Week 5 (the final week L) of the Peak313 Challenge just seems to emphasize where I am in my life: 

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.  May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.                               1 Thessalonians 5:23.

 The challenge for this week is to remind ourselves that nothing is a sprint, it’s a marathon and one that we will be on forever.  Quitting is not an option and we must ask God for strength when times get rough.

Hey, that sounds like my spiritual, emotional and physical well beings that I keep referring to. It also speaks to my slow but sure journey I am on with physical fitness, single parenting, preparation for re-marriage, and most of all-my relationship with God.  Thanks Peak313, this is timely-I love it when a plan comes together! J

I saw this quote on the Facebook of someone who is on a quest for better physical fitness:

Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.~Will Rogers.

So true!  I can easily say I’m participating in this or that challenge or heading in the right direction, but can I easily say that I am MOVING?  It doesn’t matter how fast I move, as long as I do.  The marathon is ahead of me but there several races that will be won or lost along the way.  I pray for the strength to run  each race with the ultimate finish line in mind-salvation. 

Happy Monday and enjoy your marathon!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it's not a sprint. We are in this for the long haul. I've felt this is a good beginning and that @ Week 5, it's not the end, but a good jump start to healthier habits! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete